1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's arriving at you fairly!
3. When shopping for a specific item, check several different internet retailers. Many times with a little searching, you save as much as 25 percent. Look at a variety of websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs into your calculations.
4. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and find out that as a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some kind of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.