1. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
3. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this will provide you with an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again ought to be given a large swerve.
4. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the hard way and lose your cash.