1. While shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
2. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
3. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general notion of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. Before buying from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.