1. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You start out to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a restriction and follow it.
2. Before buying from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
3. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they might have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials that are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
5. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the situation, choose one that will save you the most money.