1. When you are searching for a spot to buy a product and no results seem to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not to take your hard earned money.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted your order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. Call the web company before making a purchase. For those who have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want so that you can know that you could reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your bank card information. If you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
4. Online shopping is a great way to save money since you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save a lot more money.
5. Find out more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option as long as the store features a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is best to go through a different store.