1. When shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
2. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply look up at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" rather than an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your bank card information. However, if there is no "s" inside the address, move on to a different site to be in the safe side.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
4. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.