1. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to make a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they might have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that as being a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
4. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
5. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.