1. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
2. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.
3. When you shop online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You might be able to find out the quality of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.