1. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. Be sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and you also must protect your information at all cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
3. Before buying from the new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
4. Turn it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to some price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
5. Do more research around the online store you are considering before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with an excellent reputation.