1. A fantastic tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about internet shopping is to make certain the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
2. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
3. If you wish to buy a used product online, learn more about the owner first. You should visit their profile to check out reviews authored by other shoppers who bought products from this seller. Do not hesitate to make contact with the seller to ask a few questions regarding the product you are considering.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted your order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.