1. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a limit and stay with it.
2. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general concept of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Learn the online store's return policy. Should you be considering building a purchase on an item that you might like to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you may not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.