1. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
2. Take time to browse through different online stores to compare and contrast the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new releases become available on a regular basis.
3. If you want to buy a used product online, learn more about the vendor first. You should visit their profile to check out reviews authored by other shoppers who bought products out of this seller. Tend not to hesitate to make contact with the seller to ask a few questions regarding the product you are considering.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You might be able to find out the caliber of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.