1. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
2. Shopping online is a great way to save money since you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save a lot more money.
3. When you shop online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
4. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
5. When you are making any purchases on the internet and you are required to produce a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they could have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.