1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your cash with a company that fails to deliver.
5. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.