1. If you find a great product on your favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
2. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
3. Shopping online is a great way to save money since you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save much more money.
4. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
5. If you're worried about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research about this. The internet could be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with different sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the client service, shipping, and acquire a feel for the organization without risking a lot of money.