1. If you are looking at purchasing from the seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this will provide you with an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a broad swerve.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. When you are making a purchase online, make sure that you use credit cards to pay for the transaction. Credit card users are protected against fraud by federal law and they are only responsible for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far regarding wave the $50 for you, which means you will not be out of pocket.
4. Look for discount codes when shopping on the net. Many internet retailers give out reductions for various things and you can find them by doing a simple search. Just enter in the name in the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This can be a great way to cut costs when you shop online.
5. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.