1. Speak to your friends about their favorite online stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to purchase. This can save you a lot of time and energy.
2. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
3. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
4. For those who have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer service representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can present you with a lot of satisfaction.
5. Be cautious which sites you patronize. It is difficult to find out which are in the up and up and that are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not seem sensible or the design seems off, go to a different site. Additionally, if a bunch of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.