1. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it also should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. When shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
3. Transform it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to your price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
4. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's coming to you fairly!
5. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.