1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
3. Transform it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to some price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
4. When shopping online, make sure the site you are on starts with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. If a site lacks the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
5. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.