1. Learn more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only if the store features a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is recommended to go through another store.
2. Be cautious where you submit your charge card information. When you find yourself shopping online, always employ secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to safeguard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS as opposed to the standard HTTP. There will also be a locked icon, in a choice of your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.
3. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
4. Ensure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and you also must protect your information at all cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.