1. A great tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about shopping online is to ensure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
2. Before you start your online shopping, be sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Shopping online is a hotbed for suspect websites. Many people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel these are.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted your order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. Be sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and you must protect your information whatsoever cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.