1. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a whole new password for your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
2. If you are intending to be shopping on the web, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you understand is secure, like the one that you have in your own home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
4. If you want to save money on the products you get online and want to make internet shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some good deals in the event you place your bids at the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies just before getting started.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the new deal.