1. When shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description so that you know exactly what you are purchasing.
3. To protect yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.