1. Do more research in the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with the excellent reputation.
2. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and find out that as a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
3. Learn more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option as long as the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is recommended to go through another store.
4. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's coming to you fairly!
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted your order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.