1. If you are planning to be shopping on the web, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one that you have in your own home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
3. When you're shopping online you need to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
4. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
5. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have promotions and sales. This can lead to savings for you personally as you may obtain a discount on the item or perhaps free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.