1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
2. Learn the online store's return policy. If you are considering building a purchase on an item that you may want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you may not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
4. When you shop online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
5. If you want to save cash on the products you buy online and want to make online shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some great deals should you place your bids in the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies before getting started.