1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
2. If you find a great product on the favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
3. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. Make it a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
5. If you are going to be online shopping, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you know is secure, like one that you have at home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.