1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your money with a company that fails to offer.
3. When you shop online, it is essential that you spend a little time considering the site that you are considering buying from. You can find information about the site from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them can lead to you obtaining the products you probably did not order or getting billed a lot more than you should have.
4. When shopping online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that as a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.