1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer service is and exactly how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something fails after you've made your purchase.
2. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Search for "https://" inside the URL of the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
3. Online shopping is a wonderful way to save money because you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save even more money.
4. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.