1. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that lets you get free delivery. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it also should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
4. Discover the online store's return policy. In case you are considering making a purchase on an item that you may want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you do not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.
5. Online shopping is a great way to save money because you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save much more money.