1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. A great tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about internet shopping is to make sure the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
3. Whenever you enjoy the convenience of frequent internet shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a whole new password for the bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
4. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on message boards or couponning blogs.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.