1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
2. Before you make a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it really will cost for that shipping on your own items and in case there are free shipping options open to you.
3. When you shop online, it is crucial that you spend a little time considering the site that you will be considering buying from. You can get information about the site from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them might lead to you having the products you probably did not order or getting billed greater than you should have.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll learn how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in case something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.