1. Do more research around the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with an excellent reputation.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
4. When searching out the best price for any big ticket item, make sure you check the store reviews to find out if other customers enjoyed a good knowledge about them. Additionally it is a good idea to consult with the Better Business Bureau as well. You want to be sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
5. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL plus it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.