1. Find out the online store's return policy. If you are considering building a purchase on an item that you may want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you do not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
2. When shopping online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy to find the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only glance at the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a cost is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials that are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. When shopping online, be certain the site you are on starts off with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. In case a site lacks the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.