1. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't want to be spending your money with a company that fails to deliver.
2. Take time to browse through different online stores to compare the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you need to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new items become available on a regular basis.
3. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a limit and stay with it.
4. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
5. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have promotions and sales. This can result in savings for you personally as you may get yourself a discount on the item or perhaps free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.