1. If you find a great product on the favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer service representative to correct any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can present you with a lot of peace of mind.
4. If you like an internet store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
5. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Remember this when you are deciding on a site to shop from. Should you don't feel at ease providing the company with your credit card information, try to look for another site. Try to find a site that offers a secure page when you're adding your credit card information.