1. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it also should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general idea of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Do more research around the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with the excellent reputation.
4. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider trying to get a separate bank card to use simply for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
5. Be cautious which sites you patronize. It is difficult to find out which are in the up and up and which are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not sound right or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a lot of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.