1. When you enjoy the convenience of frequent online shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a whole new password for the bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
2. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain quantity. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
3. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
4. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Search for "https://" inside the URL of the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people with your account information.
5. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.