1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
2. Although it may seem tedious, ensure you read the contract and terms before you purchase in a website. These documents have valuable information on what you can and cannot do when you have a problem with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. In case a company features a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and coupon codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter should you really like their products and would use a promotion code.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some type of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.