1. Online shopping is a great way to save money as you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save even more money.
2. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that lets you get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
3. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Take this into account when you are choosing a site to shop from. Should you don't feel at ease providing the company with your charge card information, try to look for another site. Try to find a web site that offers a secure page when you're adding your credit card information.
5. To protect yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.