1. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember if you've had a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation being a seller.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials that are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
3. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a restriction and stick to it.
4. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as you can. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general concept of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and find out that as a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.