1. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product can give you a wise decision about the product. You may be able to find out the standard of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
3. Learn more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option as long as the store features a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is best to go through another store.
4. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
5. Make sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and you must protect your information in any way cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.