1. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that lets you get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
5. Take time to browse through different online stores to evaluate the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you need to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new products become available on a regular basis.