1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
2. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. If you like a web-based store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
4. Call the online company prior to making a purchase. If you have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want so that you can know that you can reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your credit card information. Should you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some type of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.