1. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Look for "https://" in the URL in the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people with your account information.
2. Online shopping is a great way to save money because you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
4. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a specific amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.