1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
2. Before you start your online shopping, be sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Internet shopping is a hotbed for suspect websites. Many people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they are.
3. While shopping online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy to get the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only glance at the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a cost is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. If you find a fantastic product on your favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.