1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. When shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
4. When shopping online, use a credit card instead of a debit card. This is because credit cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money inside your bank account. In case a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a point of hours.
5. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider applying for a separate charge card to use only for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.