1. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
2. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
3. When shopping online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because credit cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money inside your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within dependent on hours.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. For those who have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer support representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can give you a lot of reassurance.