1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Carrying out a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted your order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. When searching out the best price for any big ticket item, make sure you check the store reviews to find out if other customers experienced a good knowledge of them. Additionally it is a good idea to talk with the Better Business Bureau as well. You want to make certain that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.