1. When you enjoy the comfort of frequent internet shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every couple of weeks approximately, make up a new password for the bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
2. Before buying from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
3. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that allows you to get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy might have coupons or discount codes. Before you purchase something, make sure that you have the ability to have a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.