1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which normally have special deals and sales. This can result in savings for you personally as you may get yourself a discount on the item or even free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.
3. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. When you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
4. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting as early as Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many online stores have moved their sales days up by several days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.
5. Take time to browse through different online stores to compare and contrast the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you need to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new products become available on a regular basis.