1. When you enjoy the ease of frequent shopping online, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every couple of weeks approximately, make up a new password for the bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
2. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider trying to get a separate charge card to use just for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer service is and exactly how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something fails after you've made your purchase.
4. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You start out to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a restriction and stick to it.
5. If you find a fantastic product on your own favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.