1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description so you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
5. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money using a company that fails to provide.